Friday 21 July 2023

Macrame

Hello again, 

A few years ago I tried macrame, did a few snowflakes, feathers and stars, after which I set it aside, just long enough to pick it up again during lockdown. 
I wouldn't create big projects, but I like the small ornaments and the bags are so cool. Macrame is slowly getting back in fashion and if I can help this craft to be more fashionable, why not? 
There's a little similarity between macrame and tatting when it comes of knots. In tatting the guide cord will be either the thread (if shuttles are used) or a needle (when needle is used) and the Lark"s Head Knots are worked on those. Also the picots are done the similar way. 
I rarely buy tutorials, my go-to is YouTube, there's a vast range of tutorials for everything in there, that helped me alot. Also helps if one joins groups on Facebook for similar crafts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Miscellaneous (travels, outings, trips, interesting facts) May 2024

Yesterday (11th of May) I went on a trip to Glendalough, Co Wicklow with my local photoclub. These 2 lakes are part of the Wicklow National ...