Tuesday 20 February 2024

My Garden - February 2024

As we trotting through the windy, cold, wet month I'm looking through my seed stash, cherry picking between the seeds that should be sown now. Tomatoes, chillies, eggplants. I've decided to sow these bit later then I use to, just 5 days later and see, does it make any difference at all.
Nature slowly is waking up, snowdrops are showing their little happy faces, daffodils and crocuses are winking at me in the orchard. I couldn't cut the grass in November last year, yet they still pushing through. Resilient little beauties :)
As the weather slowly warms up everything will burst into flower. In the greenhouse my peach is ready to flower too
Can't wait to see the flower and maybe, with a bit of luck I get some fruit too. 
Snowdrops, magnolia (suppose to be bright red, but for some reason blooms pink, I like this one too) dwarf daffs, muscari, crocuses.... All these little moracols of nature always manage to put a smile on my face. 
Finally I got to sown my tomatoes, chillies and aubergines, they'll be cosy and warm in the kitchen windowsill, until they'll be moved out in the greenhouses. 
Tomatoes (beefsteak, cherry and salad) , leeks, chilies and aubergines. Can't wait to see their little green heads popping through the vermiculite. Vermiculite is  great stuff for seeds, it keeps them warm, moist and prevents them from rotting. Click on the link and read all about vermiculite :) 
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/soil-fertilizers/vermiculite-growing-medium.htm
And with sowing my toms and the rest of my veg, the sowing marathon for many gardeners has begun. More about it mext month. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

My Garden - June 2024

And just like that with marking June, half of this  year has almost  already passed. It's just crazy how this first half of ...