Wednesday 28 February 2024

My Garden - March 2024

Spring bonanza continues offering lots of beauties popping up randomly here and there all through my garden. Was nice and sunny outside today, but now it's overcast again. Sheeeesh, more rain, quoting my father, who thinks "that's why Ireland is so green". 
So far march has been very wet, and cold. St. Patrick's Day was a bit moist and windy, but the drizzly rain had stopped before the parade started, so that was a plus. 
Paddy's Day Bank Holiday Monday started good with sunshine in the morning, dry, warmth, but according to the weather forecast rain is expected later.... 
My fruit trees are slowly awakening too, one of my pear trees are laden with flowers, and to my joy one of my plum trees are showing flower buds.... Yayyyyy ๐Ÿ˜๐ŸŒธ My honey Berry Bush has loads of flowers too, I was told they taste like blueberries, but unfortunately not, not even close, so birds can have them. 
To the symphony of spring other plants come along adding their own charm and beauty. The simple and double flowering  cherry almond tree, the wedding tree, then the simple flowering lilac with its unique perfume, envelops the garden and the snake head lillies. 
A few days of warm weather and everything in the garden burst into life. Fat buds on my cherry trees cracked open, leaden with flowering buds. Few flowers on the plum tree too, hoping for a few fruit. Blue berries bushes are blooming in the pots too. They are not doing as well as I hoped but I have hope they'll do better next year. The orchard is peppered with yellow wild tulips I planted a few years ago in the Autumn, and the berrneris bush is dressed up in its bright orange spring gown. Cowslip is peeking through the field marigold leaves, fresh shoots of the single flowering peonies are stepping into the playground too. 
In the big greenhouse life started bit earlier then outside but I'm pleased to see the grape sporting fat buds and slowly opening, and maybe, just maybe I'll get a few bunches of seedless white grapes. I'm excited to see a few fruit on my potted peach tree too. I live on hope that it will give me a few fruit. Tomatoes are jumping out their pots on the kitchen windowsill, time to get them in the greenhouse. A single red tulip bloomed and it's showing its beauty in the flowerbed outside, bit dissapointed but I'll plant more next year.
I wish everyone a very happy, full of gardening fun, peaceful Easter. 

 










No comments:

Post a Comment

My Garden - June 2024

And just like that with marking June, half of this  year has almost  already passed. It's just crazy how this first half of ...