Monday 22 April 2024

Shuttle Tatting - New Adventure

Dear Gentle Reader, 

Ladies and gentlemen today I made history๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜.... Today was the day when I became friends with my shuttles...after years of hairpulling (I still have a few locks of hair left which are turning grey at this point), tears, cursing, throwing my shuttles into the deepest drawer I could find, today I made it. I almost cried when I saw my shuttles cooperating with my fingers and motions and like magic a celtic circle was born just from a shuttle tatted chain. 1st step was made today and will remain ingraved in the dust of the tatting world like the famous steps on the Moon. Now it will take me a few years to reach the level I gained with my needles, but now I feel very optimistic about this new adventure with my shuttles. Life is amazing, happy tatting :) ❤️๐Ÿงถ๐Ÿงต➿➰
Another first for me. ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜And the adventure continues with small motif as I'm practicing the elements I've learnt in the classes. 
Not bad for a 1st try with 2 shuttles. Small motif found in a Japanese book by Matsue Ito. 

Now that I know how to make a chain, rings and picots with my shuttles I can tat almost anything, but 1st I have to learn how to crawl, then how to walk before I can run. 
This snowflake is made with 2 shuttles, and 2 colours. I also made this one 4 years ago with 1 needle, and then last month made the same with 2 needles. The difference is just amazing, I can see how much neater my double stitches are and how much I have evolved since. It means soooooo much to learn a few tricks of the trade from professionals and amazing teachers. 
So here are all three snowflakes made with 2 different tatting tools. 
The pattern is called Snowflake "Alison" from the book "Tatted Snowflakes" by Jeniffer Williams. 
However my tatting adventure doesn't stop here. More to follow. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜Š

Sincerelly yours
Anna








No comments:

Post a Comment

My Garden - August 2024

Dear Gentle Reader,  August started with an overcast day, with the promise of few scattered showers and temps between 10C-20C. I can live wi...