Thursday 11 July 2024

Summer break projects - Summer of 2024

Dear Gentle Reader,

Once classes came to an end one couldn't just stay idol and wait until the classes would start again in September, so one got onto social media and looked through many books to find projects that included what one has learnt during all those 11 lessons. And one had success in her research and loved every second of it :) 
I've talked about the 2 top projects before on another post, link here
The 2 middle ones and the 2 bottom ones, come from this link I used as inspiration, link here. While working these little cobweb wheels I've noticed that playing with picots can give your project a new dimension, creating a more airy, lacy look. Or just restricting the whole thing is turning it into a completely new thing, which will open a new adventure to the creative mind. I can see skirts for angels, bells, ghosts (as a friend suggested it), oh and I'm sure there are many more possibilities to come up with. I shall mention about this in another blog post a little bit later. So watch this space 😜

Travelling further through the wonderful world of tatting I'm discovering more treasures in books I have. This book I've found in a Hungarian trift store years ago. I must say I'm glad I didn't  leave it there. 
These patterns belong to Milena Tomkova and it can be found in her book Frivolitkova Krajka. Of course these are patterns that one can play with, make them in 2 colours or like patchwork put them together. 
In her book I've found a few ice crystals using bare thread method too. They are soooo pretty, I couldn't resist not making them. They will be really tiny ones when tatted with threads size 80 or 100. 😜
Nothing is nicer and refreshing on a hot summer's day then a cup of icecream, a nice drive around the county/counties and your favourite craft 😜 I'm working on another summer project called Daisy Doily by Janette Baker from the book Learn To Tat. 
I know it's a mish-mash of colours, but that's not important for this, the important part is that I'm practicing some techniques with my shuttles, techniques I've learnt on needle tatting classes. I can't wait to start my shuttle tatting classes in September. Link here, peek in, register so you can watch these classes with amazing teachers LIVE, or link here to watch these classes on re-play. These classes are both for needle and shuttle tatting, and if you are a beginner like me or just looking for a refresher class THESE classes are your go to. 


Apologies for the blurry photo, this is one way of protecting the designer's property from theft, the watermark is mine, it showes I took the picture after I made the project.






No comments:

Post a Comment

My Garden - August 2024

Dear Gentle Reader,  August started with an overcast day, with the promise of few scattered showers and temps between 10C-20C. I can live wi...