Tuesday 4 June 2024

Learning New Tricks In Needle Tatting

Dear Gentle Reader, 

I started learning tatting more seriously 4 years ago during lock down. My go to were the fb groups, YouTube and my books. I was advised to learn to tat with both shuttle and needle, and only then decide which tool suits me better. Back then I wasn't friends with my shuttles, but not long ago I had an epic moment Read all about it here and I and my shuttles are friends again.
But let's just go back to my needles... 
A few months back, more precisely on the 13th 9f March 2024 The Online Tatting Class started a new season of needle tatting classes with a new teacher, Katia, fenomenal lady, wonderful, kind, pacient, helpful teacher, it's a pleasure to learn from her and chat with her. With her help I've managed to decipher the more intricate sides of tatting. And, oh boy, that was such an eye opener to realize I can tat now patterns that I've looked past, because I didn't know the "how to". Now I'm thirsty for more...
These lessons are available on YouTube here
Since then week by week I've learned something new, something interesting, something unique.
These are just a few pages from my needle tatting journal. Everytime I look through it I feel happier and more confident that now I can tat almost everything that comes my way. TOTC are taking a Sumner break now, but that won't stop me searching for summer break projects that include the lessons I've learnt so far. And this is how I came across Mark Myers Heart Motif, available for purchase on Etsy. 
It has true rings, half closed true rings, bare thread space, joins, picots....almost everything I've learnt in those 11 weeks before the break.

Now on to another pattern for more theory into practice thingy ๐Ÿ˜œ


Apologies for the blurry photo, this is one way of protecting the designer's property from theft, the watermark is mine, it showes I took the picture after I made the project.
All the best
Sincerelly yours
 Anna


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Garden - September 2024

Dear Gentle Reader September arrived with a bit of chill in the air, rainy weather. It has been said that the Summer we had was the coldest ...