Saturday 12 August 2023

Round Macrame Wreath 2 - Sail Away

This wreath will go to a person who makes miniature boats, planes and trains. I'm so excited to present this to him. 😜
This pattern I've found on YouTube and it's called Half Hitch Knot with Waves. It's absolutely perfect for this project, which I had to adapt for a circle. Took me a minute or 2 and 3 days and a few attempts to come up with a way I can adapt this to a circle. 
It's not perfect, neither are the real waves,some are bigger then the next one 😁😜. Next to "build some boats" (or maybe just 1 boat) to ride the waves. 😜
For the sails I used 5 mm twisted off white cord, the boat is a piece of my own apple tree branch. 
Ta-daaaa finished 😁
I just hope the person I'm gifting this for will enjoy it and like it as much as I enjoyed making it. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Miscellaneous (travels, outings, trips, interesting facts) May 2024

Yesterday (11th of May) I went on a trip to Glendalough, Co Wicklow with my local photoclub. These 2 lakes are part of the Wicklow National ...